COVID 19 ANNOUNCEMENT
Firstly I hope this statement finds everybody safe and well in these difficult times.
We are obviously in unchartered waters and at times these waters have been more than a little turbulent.
The tattoo industry has indeed taken a kicking along with many other industries.
We are hopeful that Tatcon this year will be able to go ahead as planned, though like many things this could change.
Why are we hopeful? Well going by guidelines, studios will hopefully be able to re-open on July 4th (Inkdependence Day) Once studios are open then the industry will have a better idea of where it stands.
At conventions hygiene protocol is the same as in studio and we at Tatcon do strive to ensure that ALL hygiene standards are followed and adhered to.
As yet there is very little concrete information, so we have been looking at measures that we may have to implement at Tatcon.
• Artists while tattooing will have to wear a face mask that covers nose and mouth.
• Customer while being tattooed will also have to wear a face mask that covers nose and mouth and possibly also a face shield.
• Anybody, artist/customer/staff who is displaying any symptoms will not be allowed entrance and we will be doing temperature checks at entrance to venue so please bear with us. According to the NHS, the standard body temperature in adults is 37C (98.6F). However this amount can fluctuate slightly depending on the person's age, the time of day and the current activity. It is generally accepted that 36.1C (97F) to 37.2C (99F) is a normal range for body temperature. A temperature of 38C or more is usually considered a high temperature (fever). It's not always easy to take a temperature accurately. If you feel hot or shivery, you may have a high temperature even if a thermometer says your temperature is below 38C.
• Washing hands thoroughly after each customer and use of sanitiser.
• Fully sanitising area after each customer.
• Comply with social distancing guidelines, which at the moment is 2m but by time Tatcon is with us will hopefully be less.
We are looking at many other possible measures, including the possibility of this year not allowing walk ups, limiting public numbers, a change to the judging format so we don’t have a crowded ballroom.
There are many things we are looking into so Tatcon can carry on, paramount in our thoughts is the safety and wellbeing of artists/traders/performers/staff/public.
Accommodation at the hotel should not be a problem by the time August is with us as the hotel is due to re-open to general public on Monday 6th July.
While we are hoping that Tatcon will go ahead as planned on 14th August we would be foolish if we have not looked into the possibility that government or local council restrictions don’t allow this. So we have already looked into possible postponement dates.
Should it arise that we have no option but to postpone then any bookings will be honoured for new dates, and should you not be able to attend any new date then obviously we will refund any payments made.
However in line with business guidelines, if you decide to cancel then you may not receive full refund.
I have tried to keep this statement as brief and informative as possible, and hope that you appreciate the situation is changing all the time, if you have any specific questions or concerns then please contact us directly and we will do our best to assist.
Many thanks, and we hope to see you in August, Pat, Daz, Kerry and all the Tatcon Team.
Over 180 Artists • A diverse range of Traders Stalls • Live Bands and DJ
Sideshows and Stage Acts • Trophies for Best Tattoo Categories
Licensed Bar • Great Atmosphere
AUGUST 14-15-16 2020
Open to the Public Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th
at the Norcalympia, part of the Norbreck Castle Hotel
Should you be looking at getting a Tattoo at Tatcon Blackpool
Please book directly with a Tattooist that you like the work of.
Tatcon Blackpool does not handle any bookings and cannot recommend an individual Artist.
If you require any other information about the 7th Tatcon Blackpool, International Tattoo Convention please contact us.